Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I didnt say yesterday...



Was that I have been in my ceiling the last two days vacuuming and sweeping up rat poo. DIGUSTING!!!!
We are having dormer windows put in up stairs and as the first wall came out there was strong evidence of fresh rat. YUCK and as you all know we live right by the sea. Our rats are not small fellows.
My friend mary told me a story about the man three houses up, who pulled up his floorboards and found a metre long nest with an eel carcass in it. OOOOHHHH AND DOUBLE YUCK!
So I ripped all the bats out, chucked the ones that had nests in the middle and there were a few.
Ripped tops of ones that were still ok but yuck on top.
Spent a good amount of time squashed up in a triangle position with the nozzle of the cleaner stuck between floorboards at the back of the water cylinder (they like it there nice and warm) sucking up bags and bags of rat poo.It made a ticka ticka sound...ticka ticka rattle rattle and then there would be a thwack and I would pull the nozzle out and a desiccated (usually )rat would be stuck on the end. These I pulled off (yes I was gloved up) and put in the bin.I stopped counting after five.
It made me very grumpy.
I showered twice and bathed and still fiberglass itched and prickled me.The new polyester bats were a dream but the stupid horrid pink bats were a pain but they are back now.And I am thinking the rats probably died from chewing the fiberglass so maybe they are useful.
Yes I also crawled back in and rebatted the whole space. Last time I ever do this!
I now have a very clean ceiling space-at least until the rats move back.We are into the poison now..seems sad but necessary.
I am still fond of our pets rats too which seems a little ironic,I think it is because they are contained and I can clean the cage out frequently.I also know where they are.
zacs room

macrocarpas and sky
I have some gorgeous pictures of the bats in Sydney Gardens with pink blossoms, I have been waiting to do a picture for a while.I think this might cheer me up.Watch this space.

3 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEWWWWW.Glad it was you and not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a beaut example of a mummified rat behind my neice's fridge when I went to help clean when they were shifting house. I was tempted to keep it because it was creepily cool, but she made me throw it away )-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am partial to skulls and things but the ceiling rats were very unappealing. I think I prefer the Museums Animal Attic to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat