Saturday, July 24, 2010




Today was a good day..did some more painting..cleaned some house..always satisfying.Only one daughter at home tonight..fire is on and radiators are ticking away.My sister has suggested more photos so ok to that..more photos it is..I need a challenge...watch out for the Brussel sprouts.
Cooked a yummy dinner tonight. Gaz very pleased.He is enjoying his food alot and is hugely appreciative which I find encouraging.
We had roast organic chicken..Kumara rosti (par boil peeled Kumara for a few minutes ,cool and the coarsely grate.Put squeezed together handfuls of them into the roasting pan beside chicken and roast until browed and mushy.flip over, part way through and brown other side..delicious) and a red cabbage slaw with green apple,fresh herbs and celery from my garden.Yum.rDressing was an avocado mayo.(cider vinegar, yoghurt, avocado,olive oil and lemon juice..pinch salt.)
Followed by a 'picked by my hand' peach crumble with cream..mmmmm.
Crumble recipe I use..just for you Phili
1/2 cup gluten free flour mix(I use the Healtheries bread one-I dont eat wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
60-75grams of butter..(I used about 60 in it and dotted the some on top)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
whiz together or crumble with finger tips
add and pulse a couple of times
1 cup wholegrain oats
1/2 cup coconut
sprinkle on top of cooked fruit(I used a large agee preserving jar full-I am guessing a litre)
dot small pieces of butter randomly over the top.
Arihana asked for pizza and cabbage so thats what she got..a homemade wholemeal spelt crust pizza and some steamed cabbage on the side
Cook at 175 or 350 until bubbling and browned on top..about 1/2 hour, maybe more
Serve with runny cream

1 comment:

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat