Monday, December 26, 2011

zero blogging, lots of running around

Keep thinking about how I am not blogging.
Gary has been back in hospital to have a metastases removed from his lung. We got results back from a scan he had before he went to the States, and he went into hospital the next week.(two weeks ago)
 Just about drove into the harbour yesterday as I drove back from town. Took Mackenzie in late..was a bit tired and distracted..lucky those wee white concrete blocks are at the side of the road..all I got was a punctured tyre.
I find the car a sad place..its one of those places when I am driving that I have my best ideas and process,but at the moment my mind goes to places of grief.
Its boxing day today and out my window Hana  and her friend are perched on my lawn amongst summer daisies and surrounded by my potato patch talking.They just picnicked. Gary is on the Veranda with his book. Our holiday plans have changed somewhat,we were going to nelson for a camping holiday but not now. I picked up a explore dunedin book and we are going to go to all the places we have been meaning to go to around here.Lots of cockling, glow worms, gardens.The weather is behaving for dunedin and is hot as hot..so we are sucking it up.
Have just posted pictures of my sock monkeys on my art journalling page check them out.Photos coming and  a promise to blog more regularly.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours...sorry it has been less than you planned ...hoping your New Year will take a steep upwards curve for the better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, I have just been reading your blogs. I am very sorry to hear of Gary's surgery, I do hope he has a speedy recovery.

    It has been nice to connect with a nother New Zealander on 21secrets and 6Degrees. I love your work! Have you ever thought of art therpay as a carreer?

    Kind thougths and best wishes, Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh good to see you back blogging - I have been stalking your page the odd time hoping for an update. Take care with the driving you. *Right now sending you hope and a restful nights sleep, oh, and some glitter!* Lets have a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks so much for all the comments..I have really been so slack. first time I have checked my blog..but am thinking of a quick daily diary on the last few weeks of our holiday..gaz and I have been loving the steady and quiet of Dunedin in summer and yes Lynn tea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat