Friday, May 14, 2010

Today Helen Dent(http://helenandapen.blogspot.com/) came out and we sat in the sun and drank tea and talked about illustration and drawing.So good. The sun on the harbour bounced to reflect on our faces on the veranda.
Gary was home sick with a very sore back..an oddness there that so far isn't explainable. Tonight we are going to see Duncan Graham who is a spiritual healer within the church. He is a light filled and so humble a person.
I took my friend Dianne to see him two years ago. When I took her up the front he was so gentle, she glowed bright with his touch and the space around them was lit. The whole church hushed.
No more work on my picture today but I did paint the shadows in quickly yesterday and was reminded how harsh they first look when you put them down on a painting. They stood out and hurt my eye.I toned them down after I stood back and gave them a bit more shape and pushed them back. Last year I forgot to put the dark in and the painting just didn't work.A good reminder of the importance of shadows.
They define us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat